BiodivERsA and EKLIPSE invite all interested individuals to participate in the upcoming webinar, titled “Nature-based Solutions: Pandora box or reconciling concept?”. The webinar will run from 13:00 to 14:30 (CET). There will be a total of five speakers making presentations, and the topics will include:
- BiodivERsA - Hilde Eggermont: Framing of the Nature-based solutions Concept and guidance for effective implementation (20 minutes)
- IUCN - Radhika Murti: Examples of Nature-based solutions (20 minutes)
- EC DG Research and Innovation: Examples from current EU funded demonstration projects (20 minutes)
- Workshop participant: Testimonial on the Social Innovation and Nature-based Solutions workshop (TBC) (10 minutes)
- EKLIPSE - Carsten Neßhöver: Presentation of Research needs identified in the workshop (10 minutes)
The webinar is organised jointly by BiodivERsA and EKLIPSE. The main objective will be to stimulate exchange on Nature-based solutions and to further raise awareness on the results of the Workshop on Social innovation and Nature-based solutions in particular on the debate on NBS typology, benefits and limitations. The expected target audience would be composed of researchers, policy-makers, practitioners and businesses interested in knowing more about Nature-based solutions.
The webinar is free, but registration is mandatory as places are limited.