The 13th edition of the ALTER-Net Summer School will run from 22 August- 1 September 2018 in Peyresq, France. This edition, in keeping with the themes of previous Summer School's, will provide an engaging atmosphere for participants, encouraging them to ask questions and to think about resolving sustainability challenges in the future, and also how to produce interdisciplinary approaches.
The course will be an insightful look into the science, policy and practice of European biodiversity and ecosystem services. This year's edition carries the title 'Biodiversity, ecosystem services: science and its impact on policy and society'. Themes that will be covered in the school include, but are not limited to:
- Biodiversity, conservation and restoration;
- Mapping and assessment of ecosystem services;
- Scenario building and adaptation to climate change;
- Monetary and non-monetary valuation of biodiversity and ecosystem services;
- The science-society-policy interface.