The STRONGMAR (Strengthening Maritime Technology Research Center) conference will take place in Porto, Portugal on the 17 November 2016. The registration is free but mandatory.
Topics covered during the conference will include:
- A towed camera system to provide representative sampling of deep-sea habitats and fish behaviour
- Does deep-sea benthic ecosystem research need new technological developments?
- “End-to-end” trophodynamic understanding of deep-sea hydrothermal vents
- MarinEye – Building a multitrophic sensor for oceanic monitoring
- Blue photonics: optics and sensors to sense the ocean
- Life and Light in the Deep Ocean
- Marine geological data: from shallow seas to deep oceans
- Ocean Colour Remote Sensing: Technology Requirements for a Radiative Transfer Approach
- CORAL: a joint effort for the Sustainability of Ocean Exploitation
- Abyssal and hadal fishes of the Pacific Ocean: baited lander studies from three hadal trench systems
The STRONGMAR project aims at creating solid and productive links in the global field of marine science and technology between the Instituto de Engenharia de Sistemas e Computadores, Tecnologia e Ciência (INESC TEC) and established leading research institutions.