Since 2001, SARAF aims at training engineers and technicians to the modern methods of analysis of residues and contaminants in food.
The lectures are provided in English by leading European experts and are made up of theoretical and practical courses alike.
The programme allows the participants to get up to date with the very latest technologies used within the National Reference Laboratories and to increase their network of contacts for further cooperation.
The 5-day event aims to equip participants with many skills, and outlines a number of goals at the start of the event. The main goals are:
- Improve participants knowledge of analytical chemistry, particularly the methodology applied to the control of residues and contaminants in food.
- Train participants on hyphenated techniques involving gas and liquid chromatography coupled to sophisticated detectors, such as mass spectrometers.
- Learn and put into practice examples of efficient methods applied in most European laboratories for the control of residues and contaminants in food.
- Get a better knowledge of the general regulation regarding residues and contaminants in food.
- Create their own network for further technical and scientific cooperation.
Registrations are now open for our 24th SARAF training session due to take place from 25th to 29th September 2017
Places are limited to 20 participants.