The EGU General Assembly 2020 will bring together geoscientists from around the world to discuss a wide-ranging slate of issues from a diverse set of fields including Earth, planetary and space sciences. The EGU aims to provide a forum where scientists, especially early career researchers, can present their work and discuss their ideas with experts in all fields of geoscience. The conference is a key event in the global geosciences calendar and features presentations, exhibitions and a bevy of interactive workshops which will feature deep-dives into specific topics. Of particular note to the EuroMarine network are the range of programme groups addressing ocean sciences. There are five overarching focus areas that will be featured:
- OS1 - Ocean General Circulation and Climate
- OS2 - Coastal Oceans, Semi-enclosed and Marginal Seas
- OS3 - Ocean Biogeochemistry and Biology
- OS4 - Global Ocean Processes and Oceanographic Techniques
- OS5 - Short Courses Associated with Ocean Sciences
For more information, please visit the EGU GA 2020 website.