In 2019, the EuroMarine General Assembly (GA) meeting will take place in Cádiz, Spain, on 30 January (all day) and 31 January 2019 (morning). It will be hosted and co-organised by the University of Cádiz (UCA).
It will be preceded on 28 and 29 Jan. by EuroMarine working group meetings and/or other side events yet to be confirmed.
It will be followed by a (closed) EuroMarine Steering Committee meeting, on Thu. 31 Jan. PM.
The programme (whose general structure is given below) will be posted here and circulated closer to the meeting. Two salient items on the agenda can be pointed out:
- a specific EuroMarine working group is preparing an analysis of all scientific activities funded by EuroMarine in its first four years of existence and will report on it during the GA meeting;
- the GA will discuss and make decisions regarding the operational launch of the EuroMarine not-for-profit Legal Entity (which will serve as a support structure for the EuroMarine Consortium); this legal entity could indeed be recently created as an association under French law; its creation was announced in the French Official Journal of 1 Sept. 2018; it should be ready during Fall 2018 to manage EuroMarine 2019 budget and seek additional funding sources.
Registration opened on 19 Sept. 2018.
All participants are invited to register online at https://goo.gl/forms/AjS2kvdmcVbfEKTG2 by 30 Nov. 2018.
All GA representatives (or substitutes) and all invited participants will have priority and are encouraged to register at their earliest convenience.
All other potential participants are also welcome to register at the earliest. However, their registration will only be confirmed closer to the meeting (within room capacity limits, which in principle should allow for the confirmation of all potential registrations).
The overall structure of the meeting is as follows:
- Mon. 28 - Tue. 29 Jan.: side event (workshop of the EuroMarine Working Group EMGRI; upon invitation only)
- Wed. 30 Jan. (all day): GA meeting (reporting, presentation of outcome of selected EuroMarine activities, discussion...)
- Thu. 31 Jan. morning: GA meeting (formal business / decision-making session)
- Thu. 31 Jan. afternoon: closed Steering Committee meeting (SC members only).
Practical information - Accommodation
Travel and accommodation information will be posted soon.