This training course will serve the purpose of introducing participants to many key aspects of European Nucleotide Archive (ENA) Sequence Retrieval. The course will introduce participants to a number of areas, including:
- Advanced search and the ENA portal API
- Downloading sequence data from the ENA browser:
- Downloading run/analysis data:
- ENA browser tools https://github.com/enasequence/enaBrowserTools
- Exploring links between ENA data (data types and other resources)
- Specific use cases - discussion and assistance
The course is open to all participants, and is particularly aimed at ENA users, especially those with existing data retrieval needs. By the time the course is completed, participants will be expected to be capable of exploring and searching the ENA, as well as using ENA resources to retrieve relevant information, and the skills to apply the information obtained to the participants research. No prior knowledge of ENA is necessary for participation in the course.