The EU Copernicus Marine Service (CMEMS) and the EU Cooperation in Science and Technology (COST) action on the "Evaluation of Ocean Syntheses" are proposing a working and training session "THE GLOBAL OCEAN WEEK"
What can ocean monitoring bring to society?". This workshop and training session is a unique meeting point between users and producers of global ocean monitoring products aiming at exchanging around the contents and quality of these products, and their benefit for Blue Growth. A specific scientific focus will be made on the evaluation of long time series of ocean monitoring products for various applications, and how their fit for purpose and the added value of related "downscaled" products can be quantified.
This one-week event will encompass:
- Outlook of Copernicus Marine Service and its added value for Blue Growth
- Focus on Copernicus Marine Service global ocean products and practical exercises
- Conference dedicated to scientific mediation related to Oceans
- Funding opportunities for business related to Blue Growth (in partnership with Aerospace Valley)
- Focus on downscaling of ocean syntheses
- Intercomparisons of ocean syntheses available worldwide
- Training on the evaluation of ocean syntheses and downscaled products
- Opportunities for creating Science and SMEs Networking
No participation/registration fee will be charged. Participants are expected to finance their own travel and accommodation expenses.
Participants are asked to bring their own laptop for practical exercises, a virtual machine including all exercises will be available for download short before the event.