The overall objective of the 1st ODYSSEA Summer School is to stimulate a scientific dialogue and create a learning experience about operational oceanography in the Mediterranean context. More precisely, after the end of the program, the trainees, coming from both sides of the Mediterranean Sea basin, will be able to:
• Understand the concept of operational oceanography
• Use the ODYSSEA project platform for retrieving, managing and processing oceanographic and environmental data of the Mediterranean Sea
• Explore the Copernicus Marine Environment Monitoring Service(CMEMS) products, learn the data and parameters provided, download and process these datasets
• Retrieve and use satellite datasets and explore databases on the marine environment
• Learn about the modern developments on marine instruments and sensors used in field sampling for operational oceanographicmonitoring
• Get acquainted with the use of operational forecasting mathematical models e.g., hydrodynamic, wave, water quality models, etc.
Registration information will become available shortly.