The 5th Pan-European stakeholder consultation for IPBES (PESC-5) meeting will take place 6th-7th of June in Bern, Switzerland. You can now register online. The meeting includes the official uptake event and celebration of the European & Central Asian (ECA) Regional Assessment on the first morning.
The meeting would be interesting for those that want to contribute to the Global Assessment and also the first ideas for the second work program of IPBES.
The meeting includes the official uptake event and celebration of the European & Central Asian (ECA) Regional Assessment on the first morning. If you register for PESC-5, you are automatically registered for this event.
Objectives of the PESC-5 meeting and expected outputs:
- Uptake of the IPBES Regional Assessment of Europe and Central Asia- share experiences and strategies on uptake of findings and policy output of the assessment in each country, and in different sectors.
- Discuss collectively the 2nd draft of the IPBES Global Assessment, and collect comments to be submitted to IPBES as a stakeholders’ perspective during the open review phase.
- Discuss and provide strategies and options for 2nd Work programme of IPBES (2020-2030).
- Facilitate national coordination for IPBES (key stakeholders to be involved, key activities, communication plan…) in willing countries by sharing experience with existing platforms.
- Network-Forum for Biodiversity Research Germany (NeFo)
- Belgian Biodiversity Platform (biodiversity.be)
- Fondation pour la recherche sur la biodiversité (FRB)