The three Joint Programming Initiatives (JPIs) on Water, Oceans, and Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) have announced a joint transnational call for research and innovation projects on risks posed to human health and the environment by pollutants and pathogens present in water resources. In conjunction with that call, they have additionally announced a call on scientific networking and knowledge transfer projects relating to research on aquatic pollutants.
Emerging contaminants, pathogens and antimicrobial resistant bacteria continue to pose a major risk to environmental and human health across all water bodies. Within this context, the call for research and innovation projects seeks to address three overarching themes:
- Measuring – Environmental behaviour of contaminants of emerging concern (CECs), pathogens and antimicrobial resistant bacteria in aquatic ecosystems
- Evaluating – Risk assessment and management of CECs, pathogens and antimicrobial resistant bacteria from aquatic ecosystems (inland, coastal and marine) to human health and environment
- Taking Actions – Strategies to reduce CECs, pathogens and antimicrobial resistant bacteria in aquatic ecosystems (inland, coastal and marine)
The JPIs have also recognised the need to realise a better and wider dissemination and develop new innovative methods to support the transfer of research and the uptake of results into the public and administrative sector, policy, industry or economy. In order to support this greater impact and address cross-cutting themes, the call for scientific networking and knowledge transfer has been divided into two major themes:
- Research and development of innovative strategies and methods for knowledge transfer, scientific networking, and increased public engagement
- Implementation and valorisation of new methods for transfer, communication, and dissemination
The deadline for the pre-proposal stage for both calls is 16 April 2020.
The full text of each call can be found in the document container below.
For more information on the calls' respective deadlines, application process and other useful information, please visit the relevant call link below.