The position of Chief Executive Officer is currently open within AIR Centre. The AIR Centre seeks a CEO who will lead this recently formed international organization through its second stage of implementation towards its full operation. The CEO assumes full responsibility for implementing the organization ́s policies and regulations. He/she also has full authority for the execution of programs, projects and services and is responsible for the supervision and management of staff members. The CEO will also be responsible for promoting the AIR Centre and for attracting other members and stakeholders to join and contribute scientifically, technically and financially to the research, innovation and business development network.
The essential skills the applicant must possess include the following:
• Proven skills in strategic development of an organization and experience in engaging
with the research, business and public administration ecosystems in an international
• Proven skills in staff, administrative and financial management.
• Demonstrated experience in budget management and fundraising.
• Proficiency in English. Another language of wide expression in the Atlantic (Portuguese,
Spanish or French) is relevant.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills, a team work attitude and the ability to
work in a multicultural environment.
• High motivation, guided by excellence, innovation and ambition, focused in achieving
progress and contributing to the development and establishment of AIR Centre´s
network, vision and strategy.