The Toralla Marine Science Station (ECIMAT) is the Marine Research Infrastructure at the University of Vigo. The station provides facilities, equipment and services to support marine researchers from the University of Vigo as well as from any other public or private institution interested in marine research. ECIMAT is one of two stations that integrate the Spanish node of the European Marine Biological Resource Centre (EMBRC), Europe's infrastructure for marine biological and ecological research and Landmark in the European Roadmap for Research Infrastructures (http://www.esfri.eu/esfri-roadmap). ECIMAT annually provides close to 3.000 services to more than 200 users and participates in several projects, both at the national and international levels. ECIMAT is also the Coordinating Institution of the European Blue Biobank Project (EBB) funded by the Interregional Cooperation Programme in the Atlantic Area (INTERREG Atlantic area; ERDF).
ECIMAT is advertising the position of Project Manager, a two-year long post (subject to requirements and with the possibility of extension subject to funding) that will begin in November 2018. The successful applicant will join a team of 5 project managers and officers in an informal workplace with independance and flexibility. The salary is €27.000/year gross. The position will entail:
- The financial, technical and administrative day-to-day management of the EBB Project, in collaboration with the current project manager and the International Projects Office of University of Vigo.
- Co-Leading project administration, organization of meetings, data analysis and reporting of results.
- Assisting the Project Coordinator in the coordination of work and communication of project deliverables.
- Assisting the Project Coordinator in the search for opportunities to further develop the European Blue Biobank beyond the life and scope of the project.
Applicants must have:
- Experience in the management of multipartner international projects;
- Excellent communication skills (including fluent spoken English);
- Good knowledge of the EU research funding schemes.
- A background and/or experience in Marine Biology and knowledge of the administration of Spanish Public institutions will be considered assets.
Applicants are invited to send their application documents (motivation letter, CV, contact details, contact details of two referees) by October 3rd, 2018 to ecimatuvigo [dot] es (ecimatuvigo [dot] es), with the subject line: ECIMAT-2018-PM Position.