The International Association for Sediment Water Science (IASWS), bringing together a wide range of researchers from different disciplines, seeks to promote, encourage and recognize excellence in scientific research related to sediments and their interactions with water and biota in fluvial, lacustrine and marine systems and with particular reference to problems of environmental concern. This symposium provide a forum for interdisciplinary discussions with the aim of better integrating knowledge of the biological, physical and chemical processes between sediments and water.
The Themes are as follows:
- A: Assessing and/or Restoring Disturbed Watersheds
- B: Sediment-Water Linkages in Terrestrial and Aquatic Environments
- C: Evaluating Change in Saline and/or Freshwater Habitats
- D: Developments in monitoring and measuring sediment-water interactions and dynamics
- E: The role of sediment within catchment, river basin and coastal management
Selected papers presented at the conference will be published in a Special Issue of the Journal of Soils and Sediments.