In 2019, the EuroMarine General Assembly (GA) meeting will take place in Cádiz, Spain, on 30 January (all day) and 31 January 2019 (morning). It will be hosted and co-organised by the University of Cádiz (UCA).
It will be preceded:
- on 28 and 29 Jan. by a EuroMarine a meeting of the OYSTER EuroMarine working group (including an OpenAIRE session)
- on 29 Jan. by a EuroMarine a meeting of the EMGRI EuroMarine working group.
It will be followed by a (closed) EuroMarine Steering Committee meeting, on Thu. 31 Jan. PM.
The programme structure is described below and the programme is included in the attached booklet. Two salient items on the agenda can be pointed out:
- a specific EuroMarine working group is preparing an analysis of all scientific activities funded by EuroMarine in its first four years of existence and will report on it during the GA meeting;
- the GA will discuss and make decisions regarding the operational launch of the EuroMarine not-for-profit Legal Entity (which will serve as a support structure for the EuroMarine Consortium); this legal entity could indeed be recently created as an association under French law; its creation was announced in the French Official Journal of 1 Sept. 2018; it should be ready during Fall 2018 to manage EuroMarine 2019 budget and seek additional funding sources.
Registration opened on 19 Sept. 2018.
All participants are invited to register online at https://goo.gl/forms/AjS2kvdmcVbfEKTG2 by 16 Dec. 2018.
All GA representatives (or substitutes) and all invited participants will have priority and are encouraged to register at their earliest convenience.
All other potential participants are also welcome to register at the earliest. However, their registration will only be confirmed closer to the meeting (within room capacity limits, which in principle should allow for the confirmation of all potential registrations).
Call for candidates and election of three new Steering Committee (SC) members
Three new SC members should be elected during the GA meeting (as prescribed by SC renewal rules). The call for candidates opens on 15 Nov. and closes on 31 Dec. 2018. While their term will officially start in July 2019, the three new SC members will be invited to attend the SC meeting that will be held on 31 Jan. 2019 PM after the GA meeting, and to participate in any online SC meeting or email exchanges prior to the official start of their term.
The overall structure of the meeting is as follows:
- Mon. 28 - Tue. 29 Jan.: side-events (workshops of the OYSTER and EMGRI EuroMarine working groups; upon invitation only)
- Wed. 30 Jan. (all day): GA meeting (reporting, presentation of outcome of selected EuroMarine activities, discussion...)
- Thu. 31 Jan. morning: GA meeting (formal business / decision-making session)
- Thu. 31 Jan. afternoon: closed Steering Committee meeting (SC members only).
Please refer to the attached booklet for details. Printed copies will be included in the registration packs. GA representatives will receive in advance of the meeting the 2018 activity report, the detailed agenda of the formal business and decision-making session, including a link to an archive containing many supporting and reference documents.
Practical information - Accommodation
Please consult the attached practical information document to plan for your travel and accommodation. (The NEW version uploaded on 12 Nov. contains pointers to new hotels with negotiated rates).