This school will focus on coupled ocean-atmosphere dynamics in upwelling systems, their biogeochemical and ecological processes, and their sensitivity to climate variability and change. Afternoons will be devoted to practical sessions involving the use of circulation models, analyses of relevant data sets, and discussion of current research.
Extended topics list:
• Overview of upwelling systems and their physical and biological dynamics
• Oceanic circulation and the upwelling process
• Atmospheric circulation in upwelling systems
• Biogeochemistry and ecosystems
• Atmosphere-ocean coupled dynamics, air-sea interactions, and biogeochemical feedbacks
• Natural and anthropogenic climate impacts on upwelling
• Global climate modeling and biases
• Model-data comparisons and data visualization
A limited number of grants are available to support the attendance of selected participants, with priority given to participants from developing countries. There is no registration fee.
to apply, please visit the online application portal (link provided above).