20 Jan 2023
The NewTechAqua project is looking for start-ups, entrepreneurs, researchers and tech-centres from all around the world developing innovative solutions in aquaculture to participate in the Award Challenge. NewTechAqua are looking for those responding to any of the following challenges (at least one):
- Deliver solutions to improve fish and mollusc health and disease resistance: prediction models for specific diseases, kits for disease’ detection, new breeding programmes, and new diets.
- Increase the efficiency of aquaculture production systems via real-time management systems, satellite systems, and recommendations.
- Make the aquaculture sector more sustainable and circular through different rearing systems (RAS, biofloc technology, aquaponics) as well as new diets and feed products using fish by-products, fish processing wastewaters, and microalgae, new organic diets using plant proteins to produce more organic fish.
- Support diversification of fish species by studying the reproductive cycle of emerging fish species to re-create the best conditions for raising these new species in aquaculture production systems.
- Develop new eco-friendly fish and molluscs products with high nutritional value.
- Raise awareness and train professionals from the aquaculture sector by creating training programmes and conducting studies on consumers’ preferences.
Some benefits of participating in this challenge are:
- Network with NewTechAqua's global innovation system and contacts
- Promote your company, products or services to an international aquaculture audience.
- Be invited to present your idea at the Aquaculture Forum by the end of 2023, including a promotional video as a prize.
For more information on the project, check out https://www.newtechaqua.eu
Deadline: January 20th, 2023