09 May 2022
Deadline 18 July 2022
Special Issue Call for Papers: ‘Assessing social change and ranking outcomes in support of Ecosystem-based Management: Regime shifts, nonlinearities, and ecosystem status’
The journal of Marine Policy is inviting contributions on (but not limited to) the following:
• Do ecological regime shifts and threshold effects propagate through the social system, and/or vice-versa?
• How should we rank multidimensional outcomes in a meaningful manner for management purposes?
• How can social tipping points and trade-off analysis be operationalized in the context of Management Strategy Evaluations?
• What theoretical or empirical guidance exists for multivariate techniques to collapse the dimensionality of a problem, and/or when should this simplification be avoided?
• How sensitive are social indicators and analyses to issues of scale and/or temporal frequency?
• What are best practices around the integration of qualitative data into indicator-based assessments?
For more inforamtion see the full call below.