31 Aug 2022
Deadline 14 October 2022
The Ocean Carbon and Biogeochemistry (OCB) Program is soliciting proposals for OCB activities that will take place or begin during the 2023 calendar year.
Proposals for OCB-relevant workshops and activities as follows:
- Scoping workshops (~50-70 people) that bring together an appropriate body of expertise to foster discussions and build momentum within a specific OCB research area (previous OCB scoping workshops).
- Working groups (~8-12 members) to address targeted science goals/questions and develop products that benefit and engage the broader OCB community (e.g., small “process teams” to improve OCB process understanding and parameterisation in earth system models).
- Synthesis activities to bring together existing data sets, model outputs, etc. to support and inform future research efforts.
- Intercomparison activities to assess and build consensus on best practices (methodological, modeling, data analysis, etc.) for advancing OCB-relevant research.
- Training activities (~30-50 participants plus instructors as needed) to build capacity in different areas of OCB research.