The Institute of Marine Research is seeking a Vessel technical inspector.
As a technical inspector, the candidate will be responsible for following up the operation and maintenance of a selection of the vessels, in collaboration with the company's other technical team and personnel on board, as well as a nautical inspector in Tromsø, Norway. The position is based in Tromsø - Romsa, with some travel expected.
Deadline 20 December 2021
- Must have maritime technical education.
- Should have a maritime college or other relevant higher education.
- Solid relevant experience in maritime operations.
- Experience from planning and follow-up of workshop stays for ships.
- Experience as chief engineer on advanced vessels.
- Good knowledge of national and international maritime regulations, as well as knowledge of class companies and regulations for ship certification.
- Good IT skills, and preferably experience with ERP systems.
- Good oral and written presentation skills in Norwegian and English.
- Ability and willingness to cooperate and to lead.
The working language on board is Norwegian and we therefore request that the application be written in Norwegian.
The position will be vacant from March 2022.