Deadline: 24 Jan 2024
Published: 22 Nov 2023
The Centre for Environmental and Marine Studies in Portugal (CESAM) is involved in the 2024 Doctoral INPhINIT fellowships programme, funded by the "La Caixa" Foundation. Currently a total of 10 projects are available under the scope of the INPhINIT programme at CESAM.
This programme supports talent and promotes research at the best universities and research centres in Spain and Portugal. CESAM is one of the host institutions of the INPhINIT Incoming Doctoral fellowships in Portugal.
To apply for a Doctoral INPhINIT fellowship for a CESAM project, candidates must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Portugal for more than twelve months in the three years immediately preceding the closing date of the call. Candidates must also have an advanced level of English (B2 or higher).
The projects for CESAM are presented below:
- The effects of multiple stressors on seagrass pollution mitigation
- Towards effective Carbon Markets for Climate Action and Forest Protection
- Algal chloroplasts: a new source of bioactive compounds for biotechnological applications
- AQUAIGNIS - Tackling the impacts of wildfires on water supply reservoirs
- Bio-based carbon dots for monitoring and removal of emergent aquatic contaminants
- Thinking Outside the Photonic Box: Unlocking Insights from Frustule-Less Cell Stages for Diatom Frustule Formation (TOP)
- IMPEST - Unraveling the impacts of pesticide mixtures on ecosystem health
- Atmospheric deposition of anthropogenic particles: impact on the resilience of coastal marine systems
- Forever Chemicals substitutes: unravelling environmental toxic effects
- WATERLAND - Integrated strategy to boost soil rainwater storage and combat desertification at landscape-scale in Mediterranean pastures
A total of 30 doctoral scholarships will be awarded to early career researchers of any nationality who fulfil the above mobility requirement.
The doctoral scholarships have a maximum duration of four years and include an on-site training programme in multidisciplinary skills.
The deadline for this call is 24 January 2024, at 13:00 (Lisbon time).
All information regarding the details of this fellowship, the application and the selection process may be found HERE.
To Access to the "la Caixa" Foundation's scholarship application platform, please click HERE.
Follow EuroMarine OYSTER for more Early Career Opportunities!