Deadline: 01 May 2024
Published: 24 Jan 2024
Applications are invited for up to 3 postdoctoral research associates in ecosystem modelling. The successful applicants will join MARBEC, one of the largest French laboratories in marine biodiversity, gathering research teams from IFREMER, IRD, CNRS, University of Montpellier, and INRAE research organizations.
The postdoctoral program will be funded by Horizon Europe(FutureMares, Biocean5D, and ActNow projects), the French Priority Research Program Oceans and Climate (Mediation project), and France Filière Pêche (Adapt project).
The postdoctoral fellows will work on the development and application of marine coupled hydrodynamic/ecosystem/economic models, investigating plausible futures of marine biodiversity and ecosystem services under a panel of climate change and fishing scenarios.
Applicants with various backgrounds are encouraged to apply and should have less than three years of experience after their PhD in fields such as ocean sciences, ecology, or any related field, obtained less than three years. Specifically, MARBEC is looking for young researchers with relevant expertise to work in the following areas:
- bioenergetic and evolutionary modelling based on fish life-history traits to explore eco-evolutionary dynamics and the resilience/hysteresis of fish populations;
- fisheries bio-economic modelling to explore the trade-offs and synergies between biodiversity conservation and fisheries management;
- coupling biogeochemical and ecosystem models to explore feedback loops between low- and high-trophic level species and their impact on ecosystem dynamics.
Applicants should send:
- A curriculum vitae of no more than 3 pages, including names and email addresses of 2-3 references
- A short letter (~1 page) summarizing previous research and the motivations for joining the postdoctoral modelling program.
- Letters of recommendation are welcome.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled, with a firm deadline of May 1st, 2024. We encourage potential applicants to inquire informally by email whether positions are still open before submitting a full application.
Send all material to: Dr Yunne Shin (email@example.com) Dr Bruno Ernande (firstname.lastname@example.org) Dr Nicolas Barrier (email@example.com)