Deadline: 02 Oct 2023
Published: 27 Sept 2023
The Department of Earth and Planetary Science at the University of California, Berkeley invites applications for an Assistant Professor Faculty position with an expected start date of July 1, 2024.
The department seeks candidates from all areas of earth and planetary science, with an emphasis on, but not limited to:
- Climate dynamics and climate history (including paleooceanography, paleoclimate, study of the cryosphere and physical oceanography);
- Solid earth geophysics;
- Mineral, energy, and water resources.
Candidates whose research falls into one of these broad areas or their disciplinary interfaces are especially encouraged to apply. All candidates, regardless of the field in earth and planetary science, will be considered.
The basic qualifications required to be considered for this position are a Ph.D. or equivalent international degree, or enrollment in a Ph.D. or equivalent international degree-granting program at the time of application.
How to apply?
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Research - Statement on your research objectives, accomplishments, and plans. 3 pages maximum.
- Statement of Teaching - Statement on your teaching philosophy and experience, as well as plans for course offerings. 2 pages maximum.
- Statement on Contributions to Advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion - Statement on your contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including information about your understanding of these topics, your record of activities to date, and your specific plans and goals for advancing equity and inclusion if hired at Berkeley. More Information and guidelines.
- 3-5 references (contact information only)
Application deadline: Monday, Oct 2, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)