Deadline: 11 Oct 2023
Published: 19 Sept 2023
The AQUACOSM RI project invites to an open webinar on "the collaboration between academia and the private sector" on the 11th of October, 2023. The webinar will be held online via Zoom from 12:00-14:00 CET.
Large volume (outdoor or indoor) experimental facilities containing salt or freshwater are a powerful tool used by many groups in Europe to understand aquatic systems. They have important potential applications for industry such as understanding pollutant behaviour and impacts, testing equipment under controlled conditions, understanding the behaviour of commercially important food species and determining the effect of different climate change mitigation strategies designed to deliver Carbon Credits.
Building a successful industry to academia partnership to realise this potential is challenging, but when done right, highly rewarding for both parties.
In this seminar:
- The organisers will showcase some of the most successful partnerships that are ongoing in the frame of AQUACOSM and AQUACOSM-plus projects.
- They will explore what makes a successful partnership, some do’s and don’ts and how to overcome common pitfalls.
- The organisers are interested in contributions, however short or long, that bring practical experiences to this discussion. If you feel you can contribute, then your engagement is welcome!
- Particularly Private Sector Professionals are invited to participate!
- 12.00 – 12.10: Introduction and welcome
- 12.10 – 12.30: Opening remarks by participants (max 5 mins per person)
- 12.30 – 12.50: Moderated discussion on overcoming barriers to building joint industry academia projects
- 12:50 – 13.00: Closing remarks and summing up
- 13:00 – 14:00: Call remains open for networking and further discussions