Deadline: 20 Nov 2023
Published: 14 Nov 2023
The Department of Biological Sciences invites applications for the position of Research Officer: Modelling for Marine Sustainability. This appointment is for a full-time, soft-funded, 3-year contract (T2) starting in January 2024 or as soon as possible thereafter.
The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic team of researchers focused on multi-disciplinary work in the field of marine sustainability. The department is looking for a researcher with keen interest and proven expertise in diverse marine ecosystem modelling techniques with particular applications in Southern African marine contexts.
Requirements for the position:
- PhD in a relevant field such as biological/oceanographic/climate science
- Post-PhD experience (at least three to five years) in developing and working with marine ecosystem modelling frameworks and system modelling (e.g. Atlantis, Ecopath with Ecosim).
- Research experience within the context of fisheries in southern Africa
- Demonstrable proficiency in quantitative data analysis
- A strong publication record with papers in internationally recognised, peer-reviewed journals.
- Effective communication skills (oral and written)
- Planning and organisational skills
How To Apply?
- UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc)
- Motivation letter, and
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)